Sportfolio was built for the sole purpose of giving the next generation of sports stars an online home to showcase their talents in an online platform which can by seen by anyone across the world. Whether is be a fellow athlete looking for training tips, a team in need of a specific positional player or a professional franchise looking for their next rookie superstar.
Our vision is that we become THE online market place for athletes to showcase themselves, converse in a social media style platform and generally become better at their chosen sport through the sharing of information.
“We don’t aim to disrupt the need for traditional scouting. You simply can’t replace the experience these people have however our goal is to compliment that process by giving organisations, teams and management groups the ability to canvas a large group of emerging athletes in one place,” Sportfolio Managing Director, Brad Preston, said.
- Sportfolio is designed for sports stars by people with decades of experience in the sporting industry. Each Member Type (your chosen sport) has specific tests assigned to it and it also gives you the ability to enter other test results you may have achieved in the developmental stage of your chosen sport.
- The social media style platform is unlike any other sport’s based portfolio platform on the market. Why is this important – because you need a place where you can constantly learn how to become a better athlete and the best way to do that is conversing with other athletes all over the world and learning what works for them!
- The Group Functionality makes it possible for you to create a public or private group for your select group of friends so that you can work together as a team towards your common goals.
- The Wall Functionality allows to contact other athletes directly for advice on which techniques they are using and how you can benefit from them. You can always use this functionality to fire some friendly banter to an upcoming opponent as well.
- Shareable Features all you to have to do is simply paste link in from blip.tv, DailyMotion, Flickr (both videos and images), FunnyOrDie.com, Hulu, Instagram, Qik, Photobucket,PollDaddy, Revision3, Scribd, SlideShare, SoundCloud, SmugMug, Twitter, Viddler, Vimeo, YouTube (only public and “unlisted” videos and playlists – “private” videos will not embed), WordPress.tv (only VideoPress-type videos) and these features will show directly on your news feed or within a group.
Is this the whole platform?
Definitely not. We are planning some big developments moving forward which will further improve the platform, offer more options within your profile as well as increasing the social aspect of Sportfolio which will in turn make your user experience even better!
The best way to get the most out of our platform is to invite all of your teammates, friends and relatives to join Sportfolio because the bigger the community, the more you can learn in the future – INVITE FRIENDS HERE